Letter of Intent for organizations not previously funded by Hospice Giving Foundation:
Please submit The Hospice Giving Foundation LOI form, not to exceed two (2) pages in length, describing the services for which you are seeking funding, covering the following points:
Organization Name and proposal Contact to serve as a liaison with the Hospice Giving Foundation
- Mission and brief overview
- Organization Structure
- Program/Project Description in 1-2 paragraphs
- State the Amount of Funding requested
- Explain the Need for this program/project (why is it important now?)
- Describe Primary Implementation Methods and overarching Goals
- Describe approach to Measuring Outcomes
- Identify the Target Population
Grant Proposal Packets for existing or recent grant recipients:
Completed proposal should include:
- Letter from Board Chair or Designee supporting the request
- Grant Application Cover
- Proposal Narrative Form
- Statistical Data
- List of Board of Directors with affiliations
- Key Employees with titles
- 501(c)(3) Verification
- Required Financial Documents:
- Current year annual budget
- Projected Project Year Budget
- Project Budget, if applicable
- YTD P&L
- Balance Sheet for Recent Completed Fiscal Year-End and Current Period 12/31
- Audited Financial Statement for most recently completed fiscal year
Letters of Intent for organizations not previously funded must be submitted via email. See instruction sheet for electronic submission guidelines. Faxed letters will not be accepted.
Complete grant proposal packets must be delivered or emailed by 4:00pm on the stated due date to:
Siobhan Greene, President and CEO
Hospice Giving Foundation
80 Garden Court, Suite 201
Monterey, CA 93940
Late or faxed submissions will not be considered for funding.
Please call (831) 333-9023 or email Hospice Giving Foundation at [email] for additional information.
2017 Grant Request Deadlines and Timetable
- Friday, February 24, 2017: DUE DATE: Letters of Intent for organizations NOT previously funded.
- Friday, March 10, 2017: Acceptance/decline of LOI notification sent via email. Note acceptance of request to submit a proposal does not guarantee funding.
- Friday, April 14, 2017: DUE DATE: Completed grant proposals for current grantees and new grantees that received a Letter of Intent Acceptance. Interim reports from prior year grants due.
- Mid-May – July: Site Visits
- August 2017: Final recommendations to the Board of Directors
- August 31, 2017: DUE DATE: Final grant report
- September 2017: Award letters and grants distribution
Grant reports provide Hospice Giving Foundation with specific details about the funded agency’s accomplishments and progress throughout the year. Such information is invaluable to donors and stakeholders. All grantees are required to submit an interim report [due April 15] and a final report [due August 31]. For more information, see Complete Grant Report Instructions.